Sunday, 27 January 2013

NOTD: MUA Nail Quakes Swatched!

Towards the end of last year you may have seen me post about these crackle top coats from MUA. Well I finally got around to swatching them for you! My personal pet peeve is when people swatch nail polishes on paper, I really need to see them on the nails, so rest assured that is what I will do 99% of the time - the other 1% will be nail wheels when I want to show you loads at once! But today I have 5 fingers and 5 crackle polishes - perfect! 





The Basics 
In total there are 6 colours available, the one I don't have is a deep fuschia called Shockwave and each costing £2.99. But lets not talk about what I don't have, but what I do! Each one has a decent 10ml of product in, enough to last a good while! One thing worth noting is the small brush though!Along with these Nail Quakes, MUA also do some glitter crackle top coats, which I have some of too - so perhaps I will have to swatch them for you too? 




What did I think? 
When I applied these I put just one coat on over a base colour (Essie Too Buy or Not to Buy), and after around 4 days have had only very minimal chipping. 

Shiver - A bright coral toned candy pink - cream finish. 

Broken Arrow - A medium blue toned bright purple - metallic finish 

Quiver - A bright cobalt blue - cream finish. 

Shattered Ice - A stanadard silver polish - metallic finish. 

Jailbreak - Black as ice! - cream finish. 





My personal favourites? The black and purple - but there's something about that pink too! Which is strange as I'm really not usually a pink lover! Crackle polishes are a bit last year now, we're getting into the textured polishes for this year - which I can't wait to try! However I still have some space for the crackles! Hannah 

Follow Me On//Twitter! // Bloglovin' // Youtube



4 comments:

  1. I got a black Barry m crackle back in spring/summer 2011. I believe they were one of the first brands to bring one out. I didn't use it much and havnt for well over a year now, these look pretty colours but I am over crackle, it a little tacky!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a bit yesterday now! However I do still kinda like how they look!

      Delete
    2. I like these especially the purple and the peachy pink, dont care if crackle is a bit passe! Great post as always xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate all your lovely comments and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. But if you want a quick response try tweeting me, @MidnightViolet1 Thanks for reading my post, Hannah :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...