I'm now back from my summer camping trip, thanks everyone for still being here and hello to my new subscribers, I hope you enjoy it here. As you've probably noticed theres a few posts floating around bloggerland of what people have taken on holiday etc so I thought I'd make mine slightly different by telling what I ended up not using and what were my holiday saviors. I have also included some swatches of my new bits, but expect so see full reviews coming up.
|What I took|
Above are the products I took with me, I tried to bring eyeshadows in palettes so I had more of a choice without taking up too much room. I also included a waterproof and non-waterproof mascara along with a variety of lip products to suit different occasions. I also tried to take multi use products such as a blush with a highlighter included and an eyeshadow palette with two cream eyeliners. The products I ended up taking were....
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 53 Light Beige
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - 53 Dark Radiance
- ELF All Over Cover Stick - Ivory
- Barbara Daly Velvet Blush - English Rose
- 17 Blush and Go - Strawberry Swirl (review)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (review)
- Sleek Curacao Palette (review)
- Sleek Monaco Palette (review)
- Beauty UK Eyeshadow and Eyeliner Collection - 2 (review)
- Topshop Bold Liner - Burnish (review)
- 17 Eyeliner - Onyx
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner - Blue (review)
- Accessorize Volumizing Mascara - Jet Black
- Accessorize Waterproof Mascara - Black Waterproof
- 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick - Beehive
- GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker - Berry
- No7 Lipgloss - Sultry Red (review)
- Collection 2000 Cream Puff Moisturizing Lip Cream - Fairy Cake (review)
- Soft Lips Lipbalm SPF20 - French Vanilla
- Benefit Benetint
|The products I didn't use|
The ones I didn't use...
Of all the products I packed only 4 weren't used, these were mainly lip products as I found myself reaching for my lipbalm as it had SPF20 and was a lot easier to reapply throughout the day. I mainly used Benetint when I wanted some colour as it was longlasting, meaning I didn't have to keep stopping to reapply.The foundation came incase I ended up on a night out and wanted some coverage, but with the hot days I found myself only wanting a bit of concealer on and so ended up not using it.
What I used the most
I used the Barbara Daly Cream Blush a lot as it was quick and easy to apply with my fingers and gave a natural summer glow that lasted. I also mainly stuck to using the ELF All Over Cover Stick as opposed to the Bourjois Concealer as it was easier to apply sat in a tent! And as already mentioned I found myself reaching for the Softlips lipbalm many times a day as it smelt lovely and had an SPF20 in it, although I didn't find it was particularly moisturizing on the lips.
On one of the days I had a few hours to myself whilst my OH and his brother had some time together, I decided to adventure in one of the nearby towns and ended up in Superdrug/Boots. I have no will power! There were a few offers I managed to pick up with the two Collection 2000 products being £4.99 for both (Superdrug), the 17 Gel Eyeliner came free with the Mascara (Boots) and the Lashes on introductory offer (Superdrug).
First impressions are that the mascara is a must have, my new favourite infact, the two Collection 2000 eyeliners are both very pretty and the Sleek blush as usual is pigmented and stunning.
- 17 Falsifeye Gel Eyeliner (Boots, free with Mascara below)
- 17 Falsifeye False Lash Effect Mascara - Brown Black (Boots, £6.49)
- Sleek Blush - Rose Gold (Superdrug/Sleeks website, £4.30)
- Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner - Shake it up! (Superdrug/Boots, £2.99)
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner - Teal (Superdrug/Boots, £2.99)
- Superdrug Lashes - Volume Edition 20 (Superdrug, Introductory Price £3.99)
- Ciate Lipgloss - Ibiza, Not pictured (free with current Marie Claire magazine)
|L-R: Sleek Rose Gold, Shake It Up!, Teal, Gel Eyeliner|
Hopefully this post hasn't been too boring, but if it wasn't your cup of tea I have a couple of reviews and a Mermaid Inspired Look planned for this week so please don't give up on me just yet!
Thanks for reading my post, If you wanted a full review/swatches of anything mentioned here or just have a question you want to ask, please don't hesitate to contact me using the comments below, Thanks again, H :)